For Pre-heating Water, Engine Oil, Hydraulics, Gear Boxes, Transmissions and more.
What is a Universal Preheater?
The Universal Preheater is a new kind of pre heater. It is a thin, flexible heating pad that provides even, gentle heating to engine oil, hydraulic fluid, transmission oil, water, etc.
- Heat from Pre-Heater conducts quickly through the metal body of a fluid vessel to provide a wide heating area and rapidly heat the fluid supply without burning it.
- The preheater mounts to the outside of an oil pan (or storage tank, reservoir...) And it has no coils to clog or fail.
- It warms and holds engine oil at summer-like (LWD) or near engine operating temperatures (HWD) for easier starting and instant oil pressure even in sub-zero weather.
- The pre-heater uses less power when compared to conventional block heaters. Often, from one to two-thirds less!
- Simple installation - does not invade any systems, nor does it require cutting any holes, welding, etc. Most installations are completed in less than an hour. Permanently mounts to the outside of a engine oil pan (or storage tank, hydraulic reservoir, transmission housing, gearbox, water tank, etc). Ideally, the preheater is installed at the bottom of the fluid vessel to be heated because heat rises, however, the preheater can also be installed on the side of the fluid vessel (below the level of the fluid).
- Every LWD Universal preheater carries a three year warranty. Every HWD Universal pre heater carries a six month warranty.
Which Universal Preheater should I use?
Just use the convenient chart below to find the Universal heater specified for your application. Be sure to check that there is enough open space on your fluid vessel for the heater to fit easily. Learn about high-watt density (HWD) and low-watt density (LWD) heaters.
Can more than one Universal be used on a vessel?
Yes. If only one Universal does not provide enough heat, and as long as there is enough open area on the vessels surface. Also keep in mind that the Universal operates best on the bottom of a vessel.
What do I get when I order a Universal Preheater?
Universal LWD & HWD Preheater kits include a 7 foot, three conductor electrical cord with grounded plug, flexible ceramic insulation pad and RTV Adhesive. The 100LWD & LWD 12vdc Preheaters come with pigtail electrical leads, only. Ceramic Insulation Pads and RTV Adhesive are available as options for the 100LWD & LWD 12vdc models.
Universal Fuel Filter Preheater
The Universal Fuel Filter Pre heater is a thin, flexible, silicone/fiberglass heating pad, that easily wraps around the filter housing to maintain full contact and to evenly transmit heat to the filter housing helping to avoid the risk of diesel fuel gelling.
Why choose Universal Preheaters?
The Universal is the preheater of choice.
- UL approved (#E95403)
- The HWD Preheaters allow rapid heating (to 76 degrees F from 0 degrees F or to 24 degrees C from -17 degrees C) in the first hour without burning the oil and near operating temperatures (150 degrees F to 200 degrees F or 65 degrees C to 94 degrees C) after 6 to 8 hours when sized as recommended. Please note: HWD Preheaters will burnout if an airpocket is trapped between the preheater and the fluid vessel housing (The LWD preheaters do not experience the same condition).
- The LWD Preheaters offer easier installation and slightly lower temperatures in the same time period as the HWD Preheaters. The LWD Preheaters allow heating from 0 degrees F (ambient temperature), to 50 degrees F in the first 60 minutes, and a maximum temperature of 100 degrees F - 120 degrees F after 6 - 8 hours of heating, when sized as recommended.
- Does not invade any systems, therefore: no leaks
- An energy saver ceramic insulation pad enables the Universal to transfer 20% more heat while using 10% less electrical energy, and it helps protect the heater in rough environments.
- PEEL N' STICK adhesive backing permits faster installation and instant use.
- Specifications are available for all applications.
Bulk Diesel Tank Fuel Preheater
Universal Diesel Fuel Filter Preheater
Hydraulic Heating solution
Universal Preheater sizes
Electric Car Battery Heater
Custom Preheater Engineering
The complete Universal Pre-heater product catalog and shopping cart is now available.
Shop Universal Pre-Heaters by type:
SafetySafe T Plus Steering Controls
Caution: Wide Turn
Personal Strobe Light
SecurityPhysical Mobile Radio Security
King Pin Lock
Pintle Hitch Lock
Aerial Work Platform
Control Module Security Lock
MaintenanceNon Contact Thermometer
Professional Debris Picker
About ETIP, Inc.Press / Media
ETIP Store on ebay
About ETIP, Inc.
Freight / Shipping
We reserve the right to change product specifications at any time without notice and without obligation.
| Veteran Owned|